Growing the Desert Garden

Welcome to the Desert Garden, with garden coach Tyler Storey, where we talk about everything having to do with gardening and landscaping in the Desert Southwest. From composting to Cercidium and agaves to arugula — we'll cover everything you want to know to grow your own beautiful Desert Garden.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Advertising

In the spirit of experimentation, I've decided to try out a very limited number of small advertisements on The Desert Garden blog. My primary concern was that the blog would suddenly contain ads for stuff and companies that weren't in keeping with the kind of information I try to convey with this blog. Sure enough: within two seconds of adding the advertising code, I had an ad from the one nursery in the Phoenix area that I tell my clients to avoid. I think I've fixed the problem with a filter, but we'll see.

I welcome your feedback about having advertising on the blog, what ads appear, or any other thoughts you might have on the subject.

Thanks much,

Tyler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do I know to avoid them, if I don't see them on your blog? Seriously, which ones should I avoid? I'm not finding everything that I want at Baker and was planning on going elsewhere. --Nattgurl